The specific use of Bisphenol A and/or structurally related bisphenols in (i) articles and (ii) mixtures (which are used, for example, to manufacture articles or mixtures):
For which articles/mixtures are BPA and/or structurally related bisphenols used. Is/Are they used as an additive or a monomer? Which technical function does BPA or structurally-related bisphenols have in the process or the material/article matrix (e.g. dye fixation agent, stabilizer, plasticizer)? Please provide the following additional information, where possible:
- The identity of the mixtures/articles containing BPA or structurally related bisphenols (intended e.g. as an additive and not intended e.g. as residual)
- Concentration of BPA or structurally related bisphenol in these products (differentiated into concentration total used, reacted, i.e. chemically bound, and unreacted BPA)
- Who are the users: are they consumers, professional or industrial users and how are the users processing the mixture/article?
- Quantity of BPA or structurally related bisphenols used in these products (e.g. as annual tonnage)
- Are measures in place to minimise releases during manufacture and handling of mixtures/articles and their life cycle? Do strictly controlled conditions exist or can they be implemented? If yes, please specify the measure(s) in place and if possible, the resulting release reduction.
- How long is the common service life for the mixture/article?
- What are the known stressors (e.g. UV-radiation, pH, temperature, moisture) for your article / mixture and how can they influence releases? What are your solution to prevent or minimise the releases?
 The wording of question 2(v) in version 1 of the background document was: Are measures in place to minimise releases during manufacture and handing of mixtures/articles and their lifecycle? If yes, please specify the measure(s) in place and if possible, the resulting release reduction.